In their seventh episode the Ladies take an in depth look at the recent movie adaptation of A Wrinkle In Time, based on the book by Madeline L’Engel, and have plenty to say about diversity, books vs movies, and glitter. So. Much. Glitter.
Next month they will be diving into 2016 graphic novel The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe.
Ladies of Valhalla is hosted by Sarah Miles, Bronwyn Kelly-Seigh and Jessica Garris-Schaeffer, and is a monthly look at media from female-identifying creators, or featuring female-identifying characters. You can find the hosts on Twitter (@ValhallaLadies) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/ValhallaLadies) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ladies of Valhalla logo was created by Jessica Garris-Schaeffer jschaeffer.design .
‘The Valhallan’, the theme music for Ladies of Valhalla, was created by SuperbadLarry (@SuperbadLarry on Twitter)
If you like A Wrinkle In Time, you may also like:
- Harry Potter (books or films)
- Once and Future King by TH White (adapted into Disney’s The Sword and the Stone)
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Journey 2
- Chronicles of Narnia (books or films)
- Jumanji movies
- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (books or films)
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (Netflix TV series, for older teens and adults)
- Positiviteeny podcast by Travis McElroy, Erica Ishi and Amy Dallen “messages of hope, support and inspiration in ten minutes or less, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday”